Home Energy Top Up
To use the Home Energy Top Up Kit you must have:
- An active British Gas pre-payment account.
- You must be topping up with a British Gas key or card.
- A computer running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1.
- Internet Explorer (version 7 to 11).
Windows 10 Users can use Home Energy Top Up by downloading and reading the following document:
For more information, please read this article on how to set up Home Energy Top Up. If you do not have an account with us please call 0800 048 0303* to discuss changing to British Gas.
Home Energy Top Up is a free service for all Pay As You Go Energy™ customers
- Free device.
- Top up your electricity and gas.
- Flexibility to top up online or from a PayPoint outlet and some Post Offices.
- Secure and safe 24/7 online payment service.
How it works
Plug your Home Energy Top Up device into the USB port on your computer.
Insert your gas card or electricity key into your device.
Visit the Home Energy Top Up site and enter your debit card details to make a payment.
Once your payment is authorised, we will transfer the credit onto your gas card or electricity key. Then insert it into your meter to top it up as usual.
* Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm, Saturday: 8am - 6pm
Only certain gas cards will work with Home Energy Top Up. If your card has no number on the back or has A or B1.0 written on the back, you will need to collect a new gas card free from your local PayPoint outlet.