What is a credit note and when is one issued?
- We send credit notes when you’ve been under or overcharged for your energy.
- The credit note corrects the value on the previous bill.
- When we issue a credit note, we’ll credit the VAT originally charged (either in full or in part) and will adjust the amount of VAT declared to HMRC.
I’ve received a credit note. What should I do with it?
If you've already paid the original bill:
- We'll credit your account (if you've paid too much)
- Your balance will be brought forward (if you haven't paid enough). We'll show this on your next bill.
Need more help?