Moving business premises

Our dedicated business movers team are here to help

Are you moving in or out of business premises supplied by British Gas?

Moving in

If you've moved into a premises we already supply

Contact us the day after you move in with:

Contact us the day after you move in with

Your move in date

Opening meter reading

Business name, address and phone no.

Moving out

Contact us the day after you move out

All we need is:

All we need is

Your final meter reading

Forwarding address

New occupier name, phone no. and email


Get in touch

Give us a call

Mon-Fri 8am - 6pm


Did you know it's quicker to chat to us online?

Chat to an advisor now

Not supplied by British Gas?

Not supplied by British Gas?

If you've moved into new premises and want to switch to us, you can get a quote in just 90 seconds.

New to British Gas?

We're here to help

Frequently asked questions

What do I need to do when I am moving out of my business premises?

A: Call us the day after you move out. We'll need your:

  1. Final meter reading
  2. Forwarding or correspondence address
  3. New occupier name, phone number and email address
When do I need to tell you I'm moving out of my business premises?

A: Please call us on the day after you move out as we can only process your move once you've moved out.

When do I need to tell you I'm moving into new business premises?

A: Please call us on the day after you move in as we can only process your move once you're moved in.

How do I find out who supplies energy to my new business premises?

A: The easiest way may be to ask the landlord or the previous owner or tenant. A recent bill could help identify who your energy supplier is.

Business electricity supplier

To find out who supplies your electricity, you should contact your local electricity distribution company.

You can also use the Energy Networks Association postcode search tool.

Business gas supplier

Call the Meter Point Administration Service to get details of your gas supplier.

You can also call them if you need your Meter Point Reference Number, or MPRN.

Meter Point Administration Service

0870 608 1524*

I'm a homeowner. How do I change my energy account from business rates to residential ones?

A: If you've moved into premises that are charged on business rates, you'll need to call us so we can make the account a residential one.  

Are there any penalties or charges for moving business premises?

A: There are no fees or penalties to pay us if you're moving business premises and want to stay with British Gas business before and after you move.

If you aren't staying with us please read I want to leave British Gas business

What if I'm in credit and need a refund?

A: Once we calculate your final bill, if we find you're in credit, you'll need to send us your:

  1. New forwarding address
  2. Phone number
  3. Your meter read

so you can get a credit refund.

Read more on getting a refund.

What should I do if I'm moving out, but not moving into a new business premises?

A: Until there are new owners of the business property you're responsible for paying for the business energy bills.

Once you have the name, address and contact details of the new occupier, please call us and we'll update your records

* Call charges may apply.

[1] For businesses who have gas boilers up to 70 kW. Available to selected customers of British Gas Business who agree to a minimum 12 month gas or electricity contract. Read our product terms here