British Gas Business Desk Landscapes Competition
Your desk can be the main area where all your communication and work occurs. It is a place where you can sit down, concentrate and get down to business, but what does your desk say about your personality? Â Whether your desk is in the middle of an open plan modern building, or in a purpose designed home office, your desk is a very personal area. British Gas Business recognises this, and is sponsoring a competition to discover the desk landscapes of SMEs and business owners across the country and how they can be transformed.
How have you designed your desk?Â Is it just the standard laptop or monitor, telephone and Post-it notes? Or have you added your own touches – a picture of the kids, a plant or a favourite item?
Desks can be unique and individual spaces. They‘re often where people spend most of their week, so it has to be an area where people feel comfortable to work. But how many people actually take the time to keep their desk organised, their calendar up to date and to store all their miscellaneous items in a designated drawer? Who’s got the latest gadgets to keep business electricity costs down?
British Gas Business is teaming up with Love Chic LivingÂ and Heart HomeÂ to offer bloggers the chance to win Â£500 made.com vouchers. Just transform your desk by decorating it in a way that speaks about you or your business and take a before and after picture. Send us your pictures; with a brief description of what you did, as well as how and why you did it. Maybe you already have a unique work space that you want everyone to see?
The most creative ideas will be chosen as the winners and will be picked by Love Chic Living and Heart Home. Submit your entries to one of the blog sites by 2ndÂ May 2014, to be in with a chance of winning the prize, as well as having the stand-out desk in the office!
Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition, you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The prize promotion is open to UK residents only aged 18 years or over except employees (and their families) of British Gas Ltd, and any affiliates or subsidiary companies, as well as representatives or agents of Love Chic Living, Heart Home and anyone else who may be involved or connected with the prize promotion. Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by Love Chic Living / Heart Home.
2. Participants may enter the competition by taking a before and after picture or mosaic of their ‘desk-landscape’ and posting the image of it on a blog that is owned by the participant.
3. The participant must then post a link to their entry on the competition blog post. Here:Â http://lovechicliving.co.uk/bloggers-competition-win-500-spend-made-com/Â orÂ http://hearthomemag.co.uk/blog/win-500-voucher-from-made-com/
4. There will be one winner for Love Chic Living and one winner for Heart Home only.
The winners will receive Â£500 in Made.com vouchers each.
5. The prize promotion closing date is 2nd May 2014 (the â€œClosing Dateâ€) and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Promoter.
6. The winner will be announced on the 4th May 2014.
7. If you are notified of a winning entry, you must confirm acceptance by both telephone and email to claim your prize. If you do not reply to confirm acceptance within 5 days of being notified as a winner, we may offer your prize to someone else.
8. Participants may only enter once.
9. Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt and no responsibility will be accepted by the promoter for entries or acceptances which the promoter does not receive.
10. The prize(s) must be taken as offered. No cash equivalent or other alternative prize(s) are available in whole or in part except as provided for in these terms and conditions.
11. All prize(s) are non-transferable. The promoter reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prize(s) become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept the prize(s), then the promoter reserves the right to award the prize(s) to another participant.
12. The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion and the promoter shall have the right to use each winner’s name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
13. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prize promotion.
15. Prize Provider: British Gas Ltd