Next month, British Gas Business will be taking part in The Great British Business Show at London Olympia, a comprehensive exhibition including workshops, networking opportunities and expert talks so that you can get all the advice you need to help you to grow your business and move to the all-important next level.
The show takes place on Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd of November, and British Gas Business will be at stand 1218. Drop by and visit for a chat about all of your business energy needs from boiler maintenance and care to energy savings and the benefits of smart meters. We’ll also be offering you the chance to win £1,000 towards your business energy bill as well as a CarePlan 3S to cover your business gas heating system.
During the course of the two day event there will also be a wealth of seminars led by some of the most recognisable and influential business brains in the UK including Dragons’ Den’s James Caan and founder and CEO of By Caprice, Caprice Bourret. There will be over 140 seminars during the course of the event covering a wide range of topics from Search Engine Optimisation to an introduction to start-up law. Among the line-up, two of our British Gas Directors will also be lending their expertise to lead seminars on the subjects of ‘How to Take Control and Start Your Energy Saving Journey’ and ‘Demystifying Your Gas & Electric Duty Holder Responsibilities’.
Tickets for the event are free and can be ordered in advance through the website. There are more than 200 exhibitors at the show so it’s a good idea to plan ahead and think about which seminars and talks you would like to attend. We’d love to see you on the day and to talk to you in person about your business energy needs and anything else we can help you with, so make sure you plan some time to stop by and say hello.
Prize Draw – Terms and Conditions
Win £1,000 towards your British Gas business energy and a FREE 1 year CarePlan3S, for a business heating system
1. To enter our prize draw each entrant must have fully completed their details on the entry form at The Great British Business Show. The show is on Thursday 22 and Friday 23 November 2012 at Olympia, as part of The Great British Business Show. The Prize Draw is free and no purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per person. All entry forms will be associated with the business name on the prize draw form and not the person entering. This prize package is being offered by British Gas Trading Limited.
2. The prize draw is open to British Gas business customers and non customers to enter, but to be able to claim the £1,000 towards your energy part of the prize, the winner must have a gas or electricity contract with British Gas or become a British Gas business customer within 12 months of the prize draw.
3. The winner does not need to be a British Gas business customer to be able to accept the CarePlan3S part of the prize. This part of the prize can be accepted on its own and this will forfeit the other part of the prize. The rest of the prize will not be offered to anyone else and it is non transferrable.
4. Entries must not be submitted on behalf of a third party, and any such entries will be invalid.
5. No employees of British Gas or their friends or relatives will be eligible to enter the prize draw.
6. The Closing Date for this prize draw is Friday 23 November 2012 at 17:00hrs (BST).
7. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any entries that are delayed, or lost in transmission.
8. £1,000 towards your energy:
a. To claim this part of the prize the winner must be a British Gas business customer. If the winner is not a British Gas business customer at the time of the prize draw, the winner can still claim the prize for up to 12 months after the draw if they switch their gas or electric business energy supply to British Gas. If the winner can not or does not want to claim this part of the prize and they do claim the CarePlan part of the prize, this part of the prize will be forfeited and not offered to anyone else. If the winner does not want to claim any part of the prize then a new winner will be drawn
b. The winner of this part of the prize, once they are a British Gas customer, will receive a credit of £1,000 on their British Gas business energy account (gas or electricity). This will be put onto the account within 1 month of the prize being accepted. The £1,000 will not be given in cash and it will not be able to be refunded to the winner as a credit balance
c. If the winner is not an existing British Gas business customer then the credit will be applied when the winner agrees a fixed price business energy supply contract with British Gas for either their gas or electricity business supply
d. If the winner does not agree a business energy supply contract with British Gas within 12 months from the date of the draw, the credit will be forfeited, although this deadline may be extended at the discretion of British Gas
e. The credit can only be applied to a business energy supply contract to which the winner is associated (e.g. owner, partner, employee, associate) on the date of the Draw and cannot be transferred to a third party
9. FREE 1 year CarePlan 3S:
a. To claim this part of the prize the winner does not need to be a British Gas business customer. If the winner can not or does not want to claim this part of the prize and they do claim the £1,000 towards energy part of the prize, this part of the prize will be forfeited and not offered to anyone else. If the winner does not want to claim any part of the prize then a new winner will be drawn
b. The winner will receive a 1 year CarePlan3S agreement for their business premises to which the winner is associated (e.g. owner, partner, employee, associate) on the date of the Draw and cannot be transferred to a third party
c. The agreement will cover one gas appliance that is run by mains gas. An example of the type of appliance that could be covered is: a mains gas boiler and its associated heating or hot water system
d. The prize includes a Premier Gas Safety Record. This will be issued by British Gas at the time of the First Visit Inspection.
e. The appliance being covered by the CarePlan3S must be under 147kW
f. The CarePlan3S agreement will commence within 1 month of the date of the draw and is subject to a First Visit Inspection
g. The First Visit Inspection will determine the condition of the appliance. The appliance should be in good working condition. If the appliance is in a poor state of repair, we would not be able to offer the CarePlan3S. You would, however be able to choose another appliance to cover.
h. The CarePlan 3S agreement will not cover pre-existing faults and any faults reported before the First Visit Inspection commences. If there are pre-existing issues that the winner would like the promoter to resolve this work will be chargeable
i. The CarePlan 3S agreement will last for 12 months, when this is nearing completion British Gas will contact the winner to make a renewal price offer
j. If the winner doesn’t have gas or an appliance that can be covered by the CarePlan3S, the winner will be offered a Portable Appliance Testing package that will include one off testing of up to 30 electrical appliances at one business location
k. The winner will have 1 month from the draw date to notify British Gas which prize they would like to take up, this will need to be before the First Visit Inspection
l. The CarePlan3S and Portable Appliance Testing are covered by the standard terms and conditions for those products and stated on the British Gas website
10. The draw will take place week commencing 26th November 2012 by an independent adjudicator appointed by British Gas, and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified within 48hrs by telephone or email.
11. No cash or other alternative or refund for the prize is available, and the prize is non transferable. The prize must be claimed by the business named on the official winning prize draw entry form or scanned in details. The prize must be claimed within 48hrs from notification by British Gas.
12. Failure to claim the prize within this period, shall lead to the prize being forfeited, and entitles British Gas (without liability) to offer to the next winner drawn by the adjudicator.
13. The name and county of the winner can be obtained from British Gas, MarComms Team, Business Show Prize Draw Winner, Winnall Down, Alresford Road, Winchester, SO21 1FP, Hampshire, to those persons sending a stamped addressed envelope between 3rd December 2012 to the 17th December 2012.
14. British Gas reserves the right to use the name of the winner for the purpose of publicity without charge, and the winner consents to be contacted for the purpose of this prize.
15. Events may occur that render the event itself or awarding the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of British Gas, and the entrant agrees that no liability shall be attached to British Gas as a result. British Gas reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value should this prove necessary.
16. Entrants data will only be used for the purpose of this prize draw and all entrants consent to being sent a summary email from British Gas after the event and the draw to detail British Gas at their stand at The Great British Business Show. All prize draw entry forms will be destroyed after this use.
17. By entering the prize draw, all entrants confirm they have read, accepted and agreed to be bound to the Terms and Conditions.
18. Employees (and their families) of British Gas and its associated companies, are not eligible for entry.
19. The promoter for this prize draw is British Gas, MarComms Team, Winnall Down, Alresford Road, Winchester, SO21 1FP, Hampshire