Helping the NHS save energy and carbon, and re-investing savings into patient care
At a time when public finances are under severe pressure, rising energy bills are an unwelcome reality for many NHS organisations. We at British Gas Business are helping a number of leading NHS Trusts make significant, guaranteed energy and carbon savings through long term partnerships in the form of Energy Performance Contracts (EPCs).
What are EPCs?
EPC projects typically achieve energy cost and carbon reductions of 15 to 25% by taking a strategic approach to upgrading and optimising existing systems to make them run more efficiently. The end solution is designed in collaboration with NHS Trusts and can include:
Working in partnership with 9 NHS Trusts across 16 hospitals, we are already set to save £60 million over the next 10 to15 years. These savings are being re-invested directly into improving patient care and the hospital environment.
Join us on our EPC webinar on 18 February 2014, 1 to 2pm
As part of the NHS Sustainability Day, British Gas Business are offering an online webinar for key decision makers in the NHS to understand more about the EPC model and to learn from experiences from early EPC projects.
• Find out how the EPC model can achieve energy and carbon targets without capital restraints
• Understand why it is important to consider how different energy saving measures work together (or otherwise!)
• Hear some honest truths about challenges along the way and how to get the business case approved for your Trust
• Understand ways to engage staff and the local community in energy and carbon saving
• An opportunity to ask any questions you have, with views from Trusts already adopting the model
Register at: http://www.nhssustainabilityday.co.uk/webinars/