Stephen Beynon, British Gas Business MD on why he wants to hear from you
I’ve been at British Gas for just over a year now. I joined because I’m passionate about making a difference and I’m determined to change your perception of our business and the B2B energy industry as a whole. We’re making some big changes to achieve this. Some of them we’ve delivered already and some will take a while. In the meantime, you can be sure I won’t be ignoring or hiding from the concerns of business customers. At British Gas Business, we’re absolutely determined to re-build the trust in the energy industry through doing what’s right at all times.
What we’re doing for you
• We’re putting you (the customer) at the heart of everything we do. We’re simplifying our business and making it easier for you to do business with us and to manage your energy. We know that running a business can be tough. That’s why we’ve created our Making It Easy programme, which is a great place for advice and tools to help you
• We’re investing heavily in our systems and our digital capabilities. This will make a big positive difference. Later this year you’ll be able to manage your account online, giving you much greater ownership and control of your energy.
• We’ve already installed over 300,000 smart meters in UK businesses, helping making sure your bills are always accurate. This is more than any of our competitors and we’re leading the way on smart
• I’m really proud that we’ve revolutionised our renewal process and that most players in the industry have now followed our lead on this. From 1 September 2013, all new fixed term energy products were sold without automatic renewal at the end of the term. And the old auto-rollover process will end for all customers by September 2014. We led the way on this and we’re committed to continue leading the way in making buying energy simple and transparent for all our customers
• As well as supplying gas and electricity, we’re also helping customers use energy more efficiently. This is a fast growing business for us and we already have a large nationwide capability helping customers from industries as diverse as health care, transport, telecoms, retail and leisure consume less energy. You can find out more: https://www.britishgas.co.uk/corporate/energy-services
So we’re working hard to improve the way we look after our customers. But I recognise that this isn’t always visible so if you’d like to get really close to what’s going on and talk to us about how we can make things better on a regular basis, why not join our Customer panel?
I’m always happy to talk directly with our customers through any channel. So if you have any questions, issues, ideas and you’d like to contact me directly, you’re always welcome to email at firstname.lastname@example.org , connect with me on LinkedIn or even tweet me if, like me, you’re into that kind of thing.