Make a business complaint

We're sorry you're not happy

Let’s get you to the right place

We want to sort things out for you quickly. That's why we'll:

  • Always aim to respond promptly to your complaint
  • Treat you fairly and with courtesy at all times
  • Treat any personal or financial details you give us in confidence
  • Investigate your complaint fully and explain the findings to you
  • Take action to put things right as appropriate and let you know what needs to happen next - whether that's us saying sorry, making a goodwill gesture or giving compensation
  • Speak with your network supply operator - if you have a problem with the delivery of your gas or electricity supply - so they can investigate. We'll let you know what they say and pass on any compensation you may be owed
Step 1 - We want to sort things out for you quickly

Our Business Customer Services team are ready to help you, so please get in touch.

If we can't sort out your complaint right away, we'll give you a unique reference number which you can use when speaking to other members of the team. If you've written to us, we'll let you know we've received the complaint within 5 working days and update you regularly until we reach a final position.

For small and medium sized enterprises

Or Chat with us when you see the blue icon

Mon-Fri 8am-6pm

Write to us at:
Business Customer Services,
British Gas, Winnall Down, Alresford Road,
Winchester, SO21 1FP

Email us at:

For industrial and commercial businesses

0333 130 5715 *
Mon – Fri 8.30am–5.30pm

Write to us at:

Business Customer Services,
British Gas, Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor,
Berkshire, SL4 5GD

Email us at:

You can also get in touch with your Account Manager if you have one. You'll find the information on your bill.

Step 2 - If you're not happy with how we're dealing with your complaint

Our Customer Relations team will look into it for you – please get in touch. We'll let you know we've received your complaint within 24 hours and get back to you within 5 working days.

Customer Relations team

Write to us at:
Business Customer Relations team, British Gas,
Winnall Down, Alresford Road,
Winchester, SO21 1FP

Email us at:

Step 3 - If we can't agree a way forward with you

We'll make every effort to get your complaint sorted within a day of getting it. But sometimes it can take a little longer.

If you're a micro business and we haven't been able to sort things out within 8 weeks, or we can't agree a way forward with you (we call this 'deadlock'), we'll write and let you know you have the right to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman Services: Energy.

The Ombudsman helps to sort out disputes between energy suppliers and their customers. Their service is free to use and they’re totally independent. They don’t take sides and their decisions are based only on the information they have.

You don't have to accept their decision, but if you do, we'll act on what they say - whether that's us saying sorry, explaining what's gone wrong, fixing the problem or even paying you compensation.

If you're not a micro business, you may wish to seek independent legal advice.

Ombudsman (for micro businesses)

Ombudsman Services:
Energy, PO Box 966,
Warrington WA4 9DF
0330 440 1624 | 0330 440 1600 (textphone)



We're here to help

Frequently asked question

What are my rights as a consumer?

A: If you're a consumer[1] (residential customer who has a business energy contract for all, or part of their premises) please contact us first, as we'd like to resolve this complaint as quickly as possible with you directly.

Get help with an energy problem
You can get help with energy problems. This includes issues with your bills or meters, or if you’re struggling to pay for the energy you use.

If you live in England or Wales, go to or contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on:

0808 223 1133
Calls are free.

If you live in Scotland, go to or contact Advice Direct Scotland on:

0808 196 8660
Calls are free.

Citizens Advice and Advice Direct Scotland are the official sources of free and independent energy advice and support.

Click below if you need to raise a complaint related to your home