Direct Debit Guarantee
What is the Direct Debit Guarantee?
The Direct Debit Guarantee applies to all Direct Debits. It protects you in the rare event that there’s an error with your Direct Debit payment.
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, British Gas will notify you ten working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request British Gas to collect payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by British Gas or your bank or building society, you’re entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when we ask you to
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us