If you're on our Variable Price Plan or Deemed rates, or would prefer to speak with us call us on
We want to make sure that your switch to a new energy supplier is as quick and smooth as possible. So before you leave, you'll need to:
1. Check that you're not still in a contract with us
2. Give us 30 days' notice of your intention to leave:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Write to: British Gas, Business Terminations, Winnall Down, Alresford Road, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 1FP
3. Give us a final meter reading so we can settle your account and create your final bill
4. Make sure you've paid all of your outstanding bills
If your account is in credit, you can get a refund.
We may object to you switching suppliers if:
If we object to your switch, we'll send you an objection letter, which will tell you what you need to do.
 This offer expires 31st December 2020 and can be used for a new service purchase or agreement only. Available to existing and new energy customers. It can only be redeemed against a single purchase. The maximum redeemable credit is 25% of the purchase price or £500, whichever is the lower value. We reserve the right to hold, void, suspend, cancel, extend, amend or modify this promotion at any time without giving notice or reasons. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer
^ This will be shown as a discount line on your bill. Large customers on our Corporate terms, customers who move to our variable prices or whose variable prices have changed and those we've price matched do not qualify for a Direct Debit discount. Customers who are already in a fixed term contract on or before 17 May 2017 could save up to 6%
* We may record calls to help improve our service to you. Calls to 0800 numbers are free from mobiles and landlines. Calls to 0330 / 0333 numbers will cost you no more than 01 or 02 numbers from landlines and mobiles and may be included with your call package if you get 'inclusive minutes'. Text messages are charged at your standard message rate and may be included in your call package.